From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multipart response with 4.1
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:53:28 GMT
Florent Georges wrote:
> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>> Florent Georges wrote:
>
>   Hi,
>
>>>   Is there any support for multipart responses?
>
>> Take a look at Apache mime4j
>
>> http://james.apache.org/mime4j/
>> http://james.apache.org/mime4j/usage.html
>> http://james.apache.org/mime4j/samples.html
>
>   Thanks Oleg.  By the way, I see this project references the
> httpmime library, from the project HTTP Components.  The library
> page says it enhances mime4j, but I didn't find any info about
> when it is useful to use httpmime instead of (or in addition to?)
> mime4j.

HttpMime is an extension of mime4j that mainly provides HTTP specific
aspects such as a browser compatibility mode for the Multipart message
body. One can use mime4j directly to generate and consume MIME coded
content. HttpMime simply reduces the amount of code required to generate
MIME multipart requests.

Oleg