From "BAYER, Patrice" <patrice.ba...@capgemini.com>
Subject SSL certificate 2048 bit with 3.0
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:21:56 GMT
Hello,
In a projet, we're using commons-httpclient 3.0 and the class EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory
(EasyX509TrustManager) to have a SSL connection to a server.
But we have the error < java.security.cert.CertificateException: Untrusted Server Certificate
Chain > when the client connects to the server.
The certificate is with 2048 bit but not with 1024 signed by the organism Verisign.

In this version of commons-httpclient, can the client accept this kind of key or must we upgrade
client ?

Patrice Bayer
</PRE><p style="font-family:arial;color:grey" style="font-size:13px">This message
contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini
Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or
use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.</p><PRE>