From "Brijesh Deo" <b...@SonicWALL.com>
Subject RE: Sending SOAP request using HTTPPost (HttpClient 4.0)
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 06:26:01 GMT
The best way to do this would be to try and simulate the steps using
HttpClient in the same way as a browser does.

If you have Mozilla Firefox, use the HttpFox plugin and see the sequence
of GET and POST request and responses when you interact with your web
server using the browser. Then try to follow the same/similar sequence
of GET and POSTs using the HttpClient and it should work.

I had a similar problem, where after the authentication (login) to the
server, there was an implicit POST from the browser using a javascript
code which happened without the user having to POST anything explicitly.
When I was trying to login using the HttpClient and then trying to do a
GET on something else, it was failing. Then I did a similar POST (the
implicit POST done by javascript) using HttpClient after the login POST
and then I was able to proceed successfully.

So, the problem is not necessarily with the HttpClient. It could be how
your server likes to be interacted with....find that out and do the same
using HttpClient and I am sure it will work. I have been using
HttpClient to perform quite complicated series of POSTs, GETs and
Redirects in my project....and it's been working fine and as expected.
But I have had to find the proper sequence by observing the browser
behavior first.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,
Brijesh