From Julius Davies <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get Server Certificates using HttpClient via Proxy connection
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:00:19 GMT
Thanks for the plug, Oleg!

To get server certs through a proxy:

java -jar not-yet-commons-ssl-0.3.11.jar

That should print out usage note.  Look for "  -r  --proxy       "
command-line switches.

Not-yet-commons-ssl knows nothing about NTLM, but probably the server
will give out its certificate before the NTLM happens.

I feel extremely anal / pedantic for mentioning this, but hey, any
involvement with SSL or security demands it:  you are vulnerable to a
man-in-the-middle giving out a fake certificate in this moment.  It's
better to get certificates you intend to trust "out-of-band", or at
least verify their signatures out-of-band (e.g. over a telephone line
talking to server admin from the other side directly).

yours,

Julius

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 00:51 -0800, DUset wrote:
>> Anyone could you help me to get server certificates using HttpClient using
>> proxy connection.(I need to use NTLM authentication Scheme for Proxy
>> aunthentication ).
>
> HttpClient cannot be used to retrieve SSL certificates. I recommend
> using this utility for that:
>
> http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/
>
> Oleg

yours,