From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sending SOAP request using HTTPPost (HttpClient 4.0)
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 21:39:51 GMT
arpita dhundia wrote:
> I tried setting the expect 100 continue param false but the problem still persists..
 >
> I am performimg very simple stpes, using NTLm authentication, creating an HTTPPost object
and attaching a StringEntity object to it, on which I have written the xml data.
> Wireshark shows that the post data is not in the right format, hence the recieving server
sends back an HTTP 400 error.
> I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or maybe what can I do to avoid this error.

Doe not use Wireshark. Use wire log of HttpClient instead

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/logging.html

Oleg

> Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Arpita

NTLM authentication. I am using HttpClient 4.0 for that.
>>> The NTLM authentication works fine but when I try to send the xml data using
StringEntity and set that Entity to the HTTPPpost Object, I am returned 400 error code, meaning
"bad request".
>>> I tried to see the exact request that HTTPClient is sending using WireShark and
indeed the format of the request is not correct. The headers are repeated twice and the body
too is not correctly placed (unfortunately I cant point out the exact mistake, but comparing
it with a request that a soap client sends its different and seeming incorrect).

>>> Is anybody aware of any problems related to StringEntity? Or maybe any other
way I can send xml data using HttpPost method in HttpClient 4.0 API.