From Kunal Chawla <chawlaku...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Help with Self Signed SSL Certificates
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:20:36 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I am developing a proxy server kind of web app which will be relaying user input to the server.
The server uses a self signed certificate. I am using httpclient 4.0 for this purpose.

I keep on getting the error : javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

So if some could point me to some tutorial or sample code for trusting self  signed certificates
that would be great. I could find good tutorial for HttpClient 3.0 but not for 4.0. I also
have the server's SSL certificate so if some can guide how do I add this certificate to truststore
so that the HttpClient can use it even dat would be fine.

Thanks!!!

Kunal Chawla
Graduate Research Assistant
Georgia /institute of Technology