From <kenneth.s.bro...@chase.com>
Subject RE: HttpConnection.isResponseAvailable
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:09:35 GMT
Please validate this statement.

The IdleConnectionHandler kept firing past 20 seconds (my configured
timeout value) because that connection was still active and waiting for
data.
So it wasn't the IdleConnectionHandler that closed the socket, otherwise
I would have seen the following message "Closing connection, connection
time:".

That makes sense now looking at the source, because it looks like
HttpMethodDirector caught an exception because that is where the stack
is reporting it..

                } catch (IOException e) {
                    LOG.debug("Closing the connection.");
                    this.conn.close();

and then just a little past that we see it saying that it did not retry
(I'm using a default retry handler) and throws the exception back to the
client.. which logged the Connection Reset.
                    if (!handler.retryMethod(method, e, execCount)) {
                        LOG.debug("Method retry handler returned false.
"
                                + "Automatic recovery will not be
attempted");
                        throw e;
                    }

Thanks for all of your input Oleg.. It is much appreciated.