From <kenneth.s.bro...@chase.com>
Subject RE: Infinite loop in ChunkedInputStream.close
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:33:52 GMT
Perfect, thanks.

I was hoping that I would see a missing final chunk that would explain
it but no such luck.
Again, that was from Loadbalancer to server so my only hope left is that
from client to LB shows something different.

-k

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:29 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: Infinite loop in ChunkedInputStream.close

kenneth.s.brooks@chase.com wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> I have a network capture from a week or so ago.
> This is between the loadbalancer and the server. (We're working on
> getting the capture from the client to the loadbalancer).
>
> It shows that we are getting one packet back with data and ending with
> 0d 0a.
> The next packet ends with 30 30 30 30 0d 0a 0d 0a.
>
> So at least from the server to the loadbalancer it appears that we are
> getting the same closing chunk for good and bad requests.
>
> You said that it should end with <CR><LF>0<CR><LF>, but on all
of our
> requests it ends with 30 30 30 30 0d 0a 0d 0a (which is 0 0 0 0 CR LF
CR
> LF).
> Is that what you would expect?

RFC 2616
3.6.1 Chunked Transfer Coding

---
last-chunk     = 1*("0") [ chunk-extension ] CRLF
---

There appears to be an extra CR LF pair at the end but this should not
cause a major problem. Otherwise looks all right.

Oleg

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
 If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,