From <kenneth.s.bro...@chase.com>
Subject RE: Infinite loop in ChunkedInputStream.close
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:20:31 GMT
Will do.
Not saying it will necessarily make a difference, just more of a 'what
is the proper usage' type of question.

Thanks again,
-k

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:15 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: Infinite loop in ChunkedInputStream.close

kenneth.s.brooks@chase.com wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I agree that it doesn't necessarily appear to be HttpClient code
> itself.. because you are just calling to the jdk inputstream.read.
>
> I did some research and saw that we are sending back
Transfer-Encoding:
> chunked and am able to spot (in a network capture) on all the good
calls
> the following:
> 30 0D 0A 0D 0A  (which is 0 and the CRLF). We haven't reproduced the
> error yet while doing a network capture so I'll respond with an update
> as soon as we do.
>
> In the mean time, am I correct in removing the ois.close() from my
code
> and letting httpclient close it with the AutoCloseInputStream when I
> call releaseConnection?

I do not think this should make any difference but you certainly can
give it a try.

Oleg

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
 If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,