From arpita dhundia <arpita_dhun...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Sending SOAP request using HTTPPost (HttpClient 4.0)
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2009 01:55:54 GMT
Thanks for the reply Oleg, could you guide a little how can I do that?

Regards,
Arpita

--- On Sat, 31/10/09, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

From: Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>
Subject: Re: Sending SOAP request using HTTPPost (HttpClient 4.0)
To: "HttpClient User Discussion" <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>
Date: Saturday, 31 October, 2009, 4:40 AM

arpita dhundia wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I have run into a very odd problem.
> I have to send a SOAP (xml data over HTTP Post) request to another server behind NTLM
authentication. I am using HttpClient 4.0 for that.
> The NTLM authentication works fine but when I try to send the xml data using StringEntity
and set that Entity to the HTTPPpost Object, I am returned 400 error code, meaning "bad request".
> I tried to see the exact request that HTTPClient is sending using WireShark and indeed
the format of the request is not correct. The headers are repeated twice and the body too
is not correctly placed (unfortunately I cant point out the exact mistake, but comparing it
with a request that a soap client sends its different and seeming incorrect).

> Is anybody aware of any problems related to StringEntity? Or maybe any other way I can
send xml data using HttpPost method in HttpClient 4.0 API.

> Any help would be highly appreciated, I am behind my deadline on this task :(.
>
> Thanks!!

Turn off 'expect-continue' handshaking.

Oleg