From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: Not able to upload bigger file (max size 4kb successful)
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 18:20:47 GMT

On Oct 5, 2009, at 8:17am, ghanchakkar wrote:

> olegk
> Thanks for your previous reply.
> It has been long that I am facing this issue, and not able to find any
> solution to this. Iplanet team has come back asking me to fix
> httpclient
> because internet explorer is successfully able to upload any size
> file to
> same i-planet web server without any issues, but my  httpclient is
> getting
> exception (as described in my previous email) from server because
> server is
> closing connection.
> Can you suggest why i.e. is able to upload files with any file size
> without
> any issues and httpclient not? any place I should look at the code ?
> or
> anything else that comes in your mind ?

I think part of the issue here is that Oleg & the HttpClient community
in general is more focused on HttpClient 4.0, versus the legacy 3.1
client.

So depending on the size/complexity of your HttpClient-related code
base, the fastest way to get a solution might be to migrate to 4.0.

-- Ken

> olegk wrote:
>>
>> ghanchakkar wrote:
>>> I am using httpclient 3.1 with jre 1.5_15. I am able to post https
>>> request
>>> and able to get replys from iplanet web server with no issues,
>>> except
>>> when I
>>> try to upload file having size from than 9kb. Here is the log.
>>>
>>> Note: It seems connection close occurs at one particular point of
>>> the
>>> file
>>> but when I open the file there is no special chars or anything of
>>> that
>>> sort
>>> at that point of the file. Also note that this happens with every
>>> file no
>>> matter what the contents are.
>>>
>>> here is the log

>>> 14:25:16.915 DEBUG [main] HttpMethodDirector.java:404 [ClientId:]
>>> Closing the connection.
>>> 14:25:16.915 DEBUG [main] HttpConnection.java:1148 [ClientId:]
>>> enter HttpConnection.close()
>>> 14:25:16.915 DEBUG [main] HttpConnection.java:1215 [ClientId:]
>>> enter HttpConnection.closeSockedAndStreams()
>>> 14:25:16.915 INFO  [main] HttpMethodDirector.java:439 [ClientId:]
>>> I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing
>>> request:
>>> Software caused connection abort: socket write error
>>> 14:25:16.915 DEBUG [main] HttpMethodDirector.java:443 [ClientId:]
>>> Software caused connection abort: socket write error
>>> java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket
>>> write
>>> error
>>> 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
>>> 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
>>> 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
>>

>> The exception has been caused by the server shutting down the
>> connection
>> prematurely most likely due to a error or configuration issue on the
>> server side. This has nothing to do with HttpClient.
>>
>> Oleg

Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.
<http://www.transpac.com>