From arpita dhundia <arpita_dhun...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: NTLM authentication using JCIFS with HttpClient 3.1
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:12:56 GMT
Thanks for your reply Valentin.

I have already tried this basic implementation and it returns "Failure authenticating with
NTLM <any realm>@62.92.72.125:80" to me.
I dont understand why does it have any realm in it, while I am explicitly passing the domain
to auntheticate in (for NTLM the authentication domain is treated as Realm, right?)

I tried using jcifs with httpclient 4.0 and it works, but I need to use the commons API for
some other purpose hence now I am trying to use JCIFS with commons HTTPClient API.

Regards,
Arpita

Happiness is the result of being

too busy to be unhappy....!!!

Best Wishes

Arpita

--- On Fri, 30/10/09, Valentin Popov <valentin.po@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Valentin Popov <valentin.po@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: NTLM authentication using JCIFS with HttpClient 3.1
To: "HttpClient User Discussion" <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>
Date: Friday, 30 October, 2009, 7:19 PM

private HttpClient newClient(String uri, int hostConnectionNumber) throws HttpException, IOException{

            Protocol.registerProtocol("https", new Protocol("https", (ProtocolSocketFactory)
new EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory(), 443));

            HostConfiguration hostConfig = new HostConfiguration();
            hostConfig.setHost(uri);

            HttpConnectionManager connectionManager = new MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager();
            HttpConnectionManagerParams params = new HttpConnectionManagerParams();
            int maxHostConnections = hostConnectionNumber;
            params.setMaxConnectionsPerHost(hostConfig, maxHostConnections);
            connectionManager.setParams(params);

            HttpClient client = new HttpClient(connectionManager);
            client.getHostConfiguration().setHost("smallbusiness.local", 80, "http");
            client.getParams().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY);
            client.setHostConfiguration(hostConfig);
            Credentials creds = new NTCredentials(ExchangeStubbingWD.adminName, ExchangeStubbingWD.adminPassword,
ExchangeStubbingWD.serverIP, ExchangeStubbingWD.domainName);
            client.getState().setCredentials(AuthScope.ANY, creds);

            return client;

        }

Regards
Valentin

30.10.2009, в 16:47, arpita dhundia написал(а):

> Hello people,
>
> I am running into an issue using NTLM authentication with commons HttpClient 3.1. I have
tried using JCIFS lib with HttpClient 4.0 for ntlm authentication and its works well.