From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using HttpClient4.0 to retrieve files from a website.
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:57:29 GMT
nagamallika.gunturu@belgacom-ics.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After some more search and reading, here is the sample code that I am trying out:
>
> HttpClient httpclient = new DefaultHttpClient();
> HttpContext localContext = new BasicHttpContext();
> HttpGet httpget = new HttpGet("targetURL");
>
> AuthScope proxyScope = new AuthScope(proxyHost, proxyPort);
> AuthScope targetScope = new AuthScope(targetHost, targetPort);
>
> AuthState proxyAuthState = new AuthState();
> proxyAuthState.setAuthScope(proxyScope);
> proxyAuthState.setCredentials(new UsernamePasswordCredentials(proxyUser, proxyPassword)
);
> localContext.setAttribute(ClientContext.PROXY_AUTH_STATE, proxyAuthState);
>
> AuthState targetAuthState = new AuthState();
> targetAuthState.setAuthScope(targetScope);
> targetAuthState.setCredentials(new UsernamePasswordCredentials(webSiteUser, webSitePassword)
);
> localContext.setAttribute(ClientContext.TARGET_AUTH_STATE, targetAuthState);
>
> HttpHost proxy = new HttpHost(proxyHost, proxyPort);
> httpclient.getParams().setParameter(ConnRoutePNames.DEFAULT_PROXY, proxy);
>
> HttpResponse response =  null;
> HttpHost targetHost = new HttpHost(targetHost, targetPort, "https");
> try {
> response  = httpclient.execute(targetHost, httpget);
>      System.out.println("----------------------------------------");
> System.out.println(response.getStatusLine());
> }
> catch(Exception e) {
> System.out.println("Exception " + e.toString());
>
> }
>
> And I get the following output:
> Oct 26, 2009 12:02:01 PM org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractAuthenticationHandler selectScheme
> WARNING: Authentication scheme ntlm not supported
> Oct 26, 2009 12:02:01 PM org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector createTunnelToTarget
> WARNING: Authentication error: Unable to respond to any of these challenges: {kerberos=Proxy-Authenticate:
Kerberos, ntlm=Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM, negotiate=Proxy-Authenticate: Negotiate}
> HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to
fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied.  )

> Can anyone please tell me whats wrong in this?

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/ntlm.html

Oleg

> Regards
> Mallika

user authentication to retrieve files. And we connect to the internet through a proxy that
also needs a different user credentials.

> All the samples that I have seen so far, do either proxy authentication or web-site authentication
but not both:

> a)    Is the scenario I explained above, achievable using HttpClient? I guess it should
be possible, but I am not sure how? Can someone help me with this