From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: parsing uri problem with httpclient 3.1
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:39:09 GMT
Kalbagilmath, Vishwanath (Communication & Media Solution) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am facing URI parse problem with httpclient 3.1. The URI I have is ("http://<hostname>/selection.php?type[]=OFF&type[]=PA").
> After going through 3.1 code (URI.java), I notice that, in parseUriRequest() method,
the query is validate aganists uric which does not contain "[" and "]" characters. The validation
is newly addition in 3.1 version, this change is to align with RFC?

Yes, that is the case, see section "2.4.3. Excluded US-ASCII Characters"

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt

If yes, what is the way out for uri having “[]”?
> This works fine in httpclient 3.0.

HttpClient 3.0 is at end of life. HttpClient 3.1 is getting there and is
no longer actively developed / supported.

Oleg