From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Not able to upload bigger file (max size 4kb successful)
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:39:30 GMT
ghanchakkar wrote:
> olegk
> Thanks for your previous reply.
> It has been long that I am facing this issue, and not able to find any
> solution to this. Iplanet team has come back asking me to fix httpclient
> because internet explorer is successfully able to upload any size file to
> same i-planet web server without any issues,

Great. Likewise, I can easily advise Iplanet team to fix Iplanet,
because HttpClient is know to work well with other, better maintained,
HTTP servers.

  but my  httpclient is getting
> exception (as described in my previous email) from server because server is
> closing connection.
> Can you suggest why i.e. is able to upload files with any file size without
> any issues and httpclient not?

There are lots of reasons for that. HttpClient may generate slightly
different HTTP messages than IE, and iPlanet may react differently to
different message compositions.

(1) consider upgrading to HttpClient 4.0 first
(2) capture HTTP messages generated by IE
(3) capture HTTP messages generated by HttpClient
(4) compare them
(5) tweak HttpClient to generate HTTP more compatible with those
generated by IE

Oleg

  any place I should look at the code ? or