From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpClient 4.0
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:37:23 GMT
visualize wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to port my application to use HttpClient 4.0 instead of version
> 3.0 I make a substantial number of HTTP-gets and used to use
> aMultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager to setup a pool and retrieve clients.
>
> Let's say I want to get some stuff from
> "http://my.server.com:8080/my-rest-service/data" and
> "http://my.server.com:8080/my-rest-service/data2".
>
> In 3.0 you are able to set host and port via
> getHostConfiguration().setHost(host, port) which was kind of
> convenient since I then could just create the pool, and when getting clients
> just set the host and port to "http://my.server.com" and 8080. In each
> request, I just had to set the URL to "/my-rest-service/data" or
> "/my-rest-service/data2" and didn't have to care about the host and port.
>
> Is there a way to accomplish the same with a client of version 4.0? Like set
> a default host/route (or whatever you may call it), so when doing new
> HttpGet("/my-rest-service/data") it "falls back" to the default one?
>
> / K

Use "http.default-host" parameter.

-----
DefaultHttpClient httpclient = new DefaultHttpClient();

httpclient.getParams().setParameter(ClientPNames.DEFAULT_HOST,
         new HttpHost("www.google.com", 80, "http"));

HttpGet req = new HttpGet("/");

HttpResponse rsp = httpclient.execute(req);
HttpEntity entity = rsp.getEntity();

System.out.println(rsp.getStatusLine());

if (entity != null) {
     System.out.println(EntityUtils.toString(entity));
}
-----

Hope this helps

Oleg