From Drizzt321 <drizzt...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTPClient 4.0.1 compile problems
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:07:52 GMT

In my project (I'm using NetBeans btw) I was using a beta release of the
HTTPClient4, and recently I was going through and upgrading the libraries as
needed, and downloaded the HTTPClient 4.0. When I do a clean recompile now,
I get compilation errors on the line where I create my DefaultHttpClient
object. I have all of the jar files from the lib directory from the release.

apache-mime4j-0.6.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
httpclient-4.0.jar
httpmime-4.0.jar
httpcore-40.0.1.jar

Compile errors:
C:\Documents and Settings\...\HttpGetFeed.java:314: cannot access
net.jcip.annotations.GuardedBy
file net\jcip\annotations\GuardedBy.class not found
        DefaultHttpClient client = new DefaultHttpClient();
C:\Documents and Settings\...\HttpGetFeed.java:321: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method getCredentialsProvider()
location: class org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultHttpClient
            client.getCredentialsProvider().setCredentials(new
AuthScope(specs.getHost(), specs.getPort()), new
UsernamePasswordCredentials(specs.getHttpAuthUsername(),
specs.getHttpAuthPassword() ) );