From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Last redirect URL
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:47:32 GMT
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 05:14:05PM -0700, Ken Krugler wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2009, at 2:30pm, droidin.net wrote:
>

>> I have rather simple HttpClient 4 code that calls HttpGet to get HTML
>> output.
>> The HTML returns with scripts and image locations all set to local
>> (e.g.
>> /images/foo.jpg ) so I need calling URL to make these into absolute (
>> http://foo.com/images/foo.jpg  Now comes the problem - during the call
>> there
>> may be one or two 302 redirects so the original URL is no longer
>> reflects
>> the location of HTML. How do I get the latest URL of the returned
>> content
>> given all the redirects I may (or may not) have?
>>
>> I looked at HttpGet#getAllHeaders() and HttpResponse#getAllHeaders() -
>> couldn't find anything.
>
> From past posts on the list, I thought httpMethod.getURI() would return
> the final URL.
>
> -- Ken

Ken,

This is only partially correct. The original request object remains unmodified.
So, one needs to retrieve the internal HttpUriRequest and HttpHost objects from
the execution context in order to find out the final request URI / target host.
For details see:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/tutorial/html/fundamentals.html#d4e205

Hope this helps

Oleg