From Peter Paul <abnomina...@web.de>
Subject Re: Best practise to add SOCKS proxy support?
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:13:57 GMT
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:06:04 +0200
Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 01:25:21AM +0200, Peter Paul wrote:
>
> You should be using just a single instance of HttpClient, multiple
> HostConfiguration objects (one per request), and (very important)
> relative request URIs.
>
> Alternatively, you should consider upgrading to HttpClient 4.0 which
> has a significantly better API.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thank you, but it's not my project, in fact, it's an OpenSource project
and the application would only be usefull for me if it has SOCKS
support, so I thought of adding it. I have not designed the underlying
architecture, so I intended to change as few as possible about it.
If I had found a way to easily support multiple SOCKS proxies in
HttpClient 4.0, I would have put effort in porting the application to
this, but I have neither found appropriate methods in the 4.0 api nor
in the HostConfiguration object.
Could you please clearify what you meant?

Thank you

Peter