From Dimuthu Gamage <dimut...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting a warning after calling MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.shutdown()
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 04:54:36 GMT
Hi,
I'm using http-client version 3.1. I got a warning "HttpConnectionManager is
null.  Connection cannot be released." when I tried to shutdown
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager after doing a 'put' operation. (In fact
I'm using httpclient through abdera client, so this happens inside the
abdera client teardown() function.

When I debug I found it hits the following lines inside,
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.
shutdownCheckedOutConnections(ConnectionPool connectionPool)

            connection.setHttpConnectionManager(null);
            connection.releaseConnection();

Inside the first call it set this.httpConnectionManager = null and in the
second call, it has logic similar to this,
       if (httpConnectionManager != null) {
           // some stuff
       else {
            LOG.warn("HttpConnectionManager is null.  Connection cannot be
released.");
        }

Does this do any harm to the behaviour of the shutdown operation, or should
I ignore calling it?
Is it fixed in newer versions?

I would be greatful If you can answer these problems.

--
Thanks in advance,
Dimuthu Gamage

http://www.dimuthu.org