From Gerardo Corro <rob_gar_...@hotmail.com>
Subject java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 20:05:37 GMT

Sorry, correcting the title of the problem, the description contained in the body is correct.

> Hi HttpClient people,
>

> I'm creating an Http filter, I have to replace the calls to java.net API methods with
the Apache HTTP Client 3.1 API. This filter works properly for GET requests, however it does
not work that great with POST requests, the thing is that the filter makes some business and
redirection logic depending upon the headers of the request, however for POST requests it
has to pass the content as it comes to the target destination.

> The problem comes when it passes the content of the POST request, it takes forever to
pass the content until a timeout error pops-up

>             //THIS SNIPPET NEVER ENDS
>                             if (httpRequest.getMethod().equals("POST")) {
>                                 //URL redirectUrl = new URL(resourcePath.toString());
>                                 //HttpURLConnection httpURLConn = (HttpURLConnection)
redirectUrl.openConnection();

{