From Guy <guy.van.tilbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Retrieving the underlying Socket from HttpClient
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 13:00:31 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve the Socket (and therefore the
SSLSession if using SSL) from a connection.

I noticed there is a protected getSocket() method in the HttpConnetion
class, but since this method is protected and not public it is no good for
me (or can I somehow make HttpClient use a custom HttpConnection object).

The reason I ask is I want to monitor X509 Certificates used on the server
side. I know it is much easier to do with a (custom- SSLSocketFactory and
use SSLSockets from the socketfactory, but I need the proxy functionality
build in HttpClient and it is not that easy to connect through a proxy that
uses authentication if you stick with sockets (or at least not easy for me
:-) )

any help would be appreciated.

kind regards

Guy