hc-httpclient-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Patricia Goldweic" <pgoldw...@northwestern.edu>
Subject RE: any suggestions as to what could be wrong here?
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:45:10 GMT
I'm afraid I AM using the hostname already - as extracted with
URL.getHost()- (my use of "mydomain" in my code below was actually
misleading).
Essentially, I have no trouble using the exact same code/credentials to
communicate from server A to server B, but it fails only when communicate
from B to itself (that is, from one servlet in B, to another servlet in B).
-Patricia
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org] 
> Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:47 AM
> To: HttpClient User Discussion
> Subject: Re: any suggestions as to what could be wrong here?
> 
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 05:12:11PM -0500, Patricia Goldweic wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've (very) recently started using httpclient (3.1) in my Java app. 
> > I've successfully been able to make connections from a 
> program running 
> > on server A to another program (servlet) running on server 
> B, where B 
> > uses Tomcat as the servlet container, and DIGEST authentication is 
> > used to authenticate between A and B.
> > Now, here is the problem: within server B, I need to make 
> another http 
> > request to a different servlet running also on B, in the same web 
> > application as A. I used exactly the same code to create the 
> > Httpclient instance, set credentials, and execute a GetMethod that 
> > does what I need on that second servlet on B, that what 
> I've used for 
> > connections between A and B.
> > However, when this new httpclient connection is created and 
> run within 
> > B, I get  a 'No credentials available for DIGEST: '<REALM 
> NAME>&<DOMAIN NAME>'.
> > One thing to note (perhaps): on the web application on B, the http 
> > client instances are created within a background thread 
> that is part 
> > of the web application.
> >  
> > Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be causing this 
> > credentials issue? (BTW, I'm printing out my own debugging 
> statements 
> > when I set the credentials in the httpclient instance, right before 
> > the call to executeMethod).
> > My code is as follows:
> >  
> > private HttpClient getHttpClient() {
> >     HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
> >     List<String> authPrefs = new ArrayList<String>(1);
> >     authPrefs.add(AuthPolicy.DIGEST);
> >     client.getParams().setParameter(AuthPolicy.AUTH_SCHEME_PRIORITY,
> > authPrefs);
> >     client.getState().setCredentials(new AuthScope("mydomain", -1,
> 
> Patricia,
> 
> The first parameter of AuthScope is expected to be a 
> hostname, not a domain name.
> 
> Hope this helps
> 
> Oleg
> 
> 
> > "myrealm"), new UsernamePasswordCredentials("myaccount", 
> "mypassword")));
> >     return client;
> > }
> >  
> > And I'm using it as follows :
> >  
> > HttpClient client = getHttpClient();
> > GetMethod get = new GetMethod("someurlWithinB"); 
> > get.setDoAuthentication(true); int responseCode = 0; String 
> > responseString = null; try {
> >     responseCode = client.executeMethod(get);
> >     ... (here I check the response code and find '401' )
> >     } catch (Exception) 
> >     ...
> > }
> >  
> >  
> > -Patricia
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: httpclient-users-unsubscribe@hc.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: httpclient-users-help@hc.apache.org
> 



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: httpclient-users-unsubscribe@hc.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: httpclient-users-help@hc.apache.org


Mime
View raw message