From Ian Pilcher <arequip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom ProtocolSocketFactory not being used
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:25:19 GMT
Olindo Pindaro wrote:
> Hi, ian, i had your same problem and i used succssfuly a "fake" (as yours)
> class that works well.

After I posted my question, I found this
http://marc.info/?l=jakarta-commons-user&m=111996432020654&w=2.  I have
found that I can get my ProtocolSocketFactory to be used if I use my own
protocol name in *both* the Protocol constructor and registerProtocol:

    Protocol.registerProtocol("foo", new Protocol("foo",
            MyProtocolSocketFactory.getInstance(), port));

I still haven't found a way to use my own ProtocolSocketFactory for
"https" URLs.

Anyone?

Thanks!