From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ThreadSafeClientManager -- where's the default registry?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:49:53 GMT
Will McQueen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The single constructor for ThreadSafeClientConnManager says this about the schreg (ie,
scheme registry) param:
> 	"the scheme registry, or null for the default registry".
>
> Where is the default registry assigned? I would have thought that this constructor would
check for a null schreg, and if it is null then it would register 2 schemes with this conn
mgr -- one "http" scheme and one "https" scheme, with default ports 80 and 443 respectively,
and with socket factories PlainSocketFactory and SSLSocketFactory respectively.

> Instead, I see that this constructor just calls createConnectionOperator(schreg) (which
also states that it accepts a null schreg), and this method in turn calls the constructor
"DefaultClientConnectionOperator(schreg)" which BAMMM... throws an exception when it sees
that the param is null.

> I probably missed something, as I understand that thousands of people have probably looked
at this code and played with it before me. What am I missing?

> Thank you.
>
> Cheers,
> Will

Hi Will

Javadoc is plain wrong. Corrected in SVN trunk. Thanks for letting me know!

Oleg