From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems to use HTTP proxy settings
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 18:54:20 GMT
Meinhardt Baer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have pretty simple code to download XML file using Apache HTTP client:
>
> HttpClient client =
>  if(configurationSettings!= null) {client.getHostConfiguration().setProxy(
> Integer.parseInt(configurationSettings.get("http.proxyHost"), configurationSettings.get("http.proxyPort")));}
>
> GetMethod method =
> method.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.
> System.
> }newGetMethod(url);RETRY_HANDLER, newDefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler(3,false));try{intstatusCode
= client.executeMethod(method);if(statusCode != HttpStatus.SC_OK) {err.println("Methods failed:
"+method.getStatusLine()); ByteArrayInputStream input =
> }
> e.printStackTrace();
> }
> method.releaseConnection();
> }byte[] responseBody = method.getResponseBody();newByteArrayInputStream(responseBody);returninput;catch(Exception
e) {finally{returnnull;}

> if I am using the configurationSettings as null (actually - it was class variable, but
I added it to the method parameters because I wanted the code to be consistent, I am not sure
that synatx for this parameter is correct), then proxy settings are not used and the response
is what I want, but if configurationSettings is not null - i.e. I am using proxy server, then
there is HTTP 404 error, I tried to save the result stream in file the the resuls was a bit
different for different proxy servers - but all are like the following:

> <title>404 Not Found</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Not Found</h1>
> error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
> <hr>
> <address>Apache/2 Server at www.catserver.com Port 80</address>
>
> I changed the actual URL and server name. I am not sure wether it is security problem,
because - when I am trying to use this cat-URL from the editbox, that is usually provided
in proxy servers webpage, then the response is what I intended. Well - maybe public prxy servers
are not suitable to test such programs? If they are not suitable, then - could you provide
some names of proxy servers that are suitable for such tests.

> Thanks in advance for any usefull hint!
>
> Meinhardt
>
>  publicjava.io.InputStream download(String url, Map configurationSettings){newHttpClient();

Please post wire / context log of the session

http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/logging.html

Oleg