From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status tracking
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:28:34 GMT
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 04:17:56PM +0200, Adrian Cole wrote:
> This helps, Oleg.
>
> However, it seems a brittle approach as it would require several custom
> classes.

Not necessarily, I would go as far as saying every more or less complex
application should always implement custom entity classes optimized for that
particular application.

 It seems what is purely necessary is getting access to
> ContentEncoder/Decoder. Are there any lifecycle hooks where I can get a
> handle on these before they are used, or access a factory that provides
> them?

Wrapping content codecs with a custom decorator class should also work. You
could use NHttpConnectionBase#createChunkDecoder /
NHttpConnectionBase#createContentEncoder methods to do that. However, those
methods were added to the 4.1 branch, so you will have to use 4.1 snapshots for
the time being.

Otherwise, its looking like AOP is the way out here...

For stable releases, it appears so.

Oleg