From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status tracking
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:20:07 GMT
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 01:33:30PM +0200, Adrian Cole wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am using http core NIO and investigating how to provide feedback on upload
> (PUT/POST) and download (GET) entity enclosing requests.  Essentially, I'd
> like to know when a certain number of the overall bytes have been
> transmitted/consumed.  Do you have any strategies for this for NIO?
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian Cole
> jclouds <http://code.google.com/p/jclouds>

Adrian,

The recommended (and the easiest) way to have a complete control over the data
transmission process is by providing custom implementations of
ConsumingNHttpEntity / ProducingNHttpEntity interfaces

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/httpcore-nio/apidocs/org/apache/http/nio/entity/ConsumingNHttpEntity.html
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/httpcore-nio/apidocs/org/apache/http/nio/entity/ProducingNHttpEntity.html

Hope this helps

Oleg