From DerekC <cram.de...@gmail.com>
Subject The target server failed to respond - What could be the problem ?
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 16:13:28 GMT

Hi all,

I'm using HttpComponents 4 and I'm getting the following error if I wait
more than 15 seconds between 2 HTTP GET requests:
org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException: The target server failed to respond
If I use HTTPClient 3.1 then the error is not the same: Connection is
stale,closing...
With HTTPClient 3.1, there is no exception, the connection seems closed and
the application can go ahead.

I think the problem is related to "Keep-Alive" management from server-side.
What do you think about ?
What parameters could I pass to HTTPComponents 4 to have the same behavior
as HTTPClient 3.1 ?

I've tried to use the following parameters without success:
params = new BasicHttpParams();
ConnManagerParams.setMaxTotalConnections(params, 2);
HttpProtocolParams.setVersion(params, HttpVersion.HTTP_1_1);
HttpProtocolParams.setUseExpectContinue(params, false);
HttpConnectionParams.setStaleCheckingEnabled(params, true);

SchemeRegistry schemeRegistry = new SchemeRegistry();
schemeRegistry.register(new Scheme("http",
PlainSocketFactory.getSocketFactory(), 80));
schemeRegistry.register(new Scheme("https",
SSLSocketFactory.getSocketFactory(), 443));
manager = new ThreadSafeClientConnManager(params, schemeRegistry);
client = new DefaultHttpClient(manager, params);
client.setReuseStrategy(new ConnectionReuseStrategy(){
	public boolean keepAlive(HttpResponse arg0, HttpContext arg1) {
	   return false;
       }
});

Any advice would be welcome.