From "Villemos, Gert" <gert.ville...@logica.com>
Subject ConnectException: HttpClient proxy settings
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:50:47 GMT
I have problems accessing a site through a proxy.

I'm connecting to a site demanding credentials (https on default port
443) through a local proxy (port 80) with authentication. I have read
the documentation and it looked simple, I just cant get it to work. My
source code is shown below;

HttpClient client = new HttpCLient();

if (proxyEnabled == true) {

Logger.info("Local proxy enabled.  Proxy URL " + proxyUrl + ", proxyPort
" + proxyPort + ", proxyUser " + proxyUserName + ", proxyUserPassword "
+ proxyUserPassword);

client.getHostConfiguration().setProxy(proxyUrl, proxyPort);

client.getState().setProxyCredentials(

            new AuthScope(proxyUrl, proxyPort, AuthScope.ANY_REALM),

            new UsernamePasswordCredentials(proxyUserName,
proxyUserPassword)

      );

}

client.getState().setCredentials(

      new AuthScope(elogUrl, elogPort, AuthScope.ANY_REALM),

      new UsernamePasswordCredentials(userName, userPassword)

);

When I try to access from a place without proxy (... home in my comfy
chair) this succeeds, i.e. the credentials works. When I try this
through my companies proxy, I get the exception;

[Apr 02 17:46:17] INFO  (HttpMethodDirector.java:439) - I/O exception
(java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection
timed out: connect

[Apr 02 17:46:17] INFO  (HttpMethodDirector.java:445) - Retrying request

[Apr 02 17:46:38] INFO  (HttpMethodDirector.java:439) - I/O exception
(java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection
timed out: connect

[Apr 02 17:46:38] INFO  (HttpMethodDirector.java:445) - Retrying request

[Apr 02 17:46:59] INFO  (HttpMethodDirector.java:439) - I/O exception
(java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection
timed out: connect

[Apr 02 17:46:59] INFO  (HttpMethodDirector.java:445) - Retrying request

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

      at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)

      at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(SSLSocketImpl.java:54
5)

      at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(SSLSocketImpl.java:389
)

      at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(SSLSocket
FactoryImpl.java:121)

      at
org.esa.eeis.elogwebcrawler.EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(Ea
sySSLProtocolSocketFactory.java:155)

      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:70
7)

      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMe
thodDirector.java:387)

      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMetho
dDirector.java:171)

      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:3
97)

      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:3
46)

I have tried using URL as well as IP of the proxy, but get the same
fault. I'm sure I use the correct use and password.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Gert.

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  /  Merci d'aider
Logica à préserver l'environnement en évitant d'imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese
Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei die Umwelt zu schuetzen  /  Por favor ajude
a Logica a respeitar o ambiente não imprimindo este correio electrónico.

and inform the sender. Thank you.