From Phani Sajja <sajja.ph...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem in passing parameters in HttpPost and HttpGet
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 05:58:57 GMT
Hi All,
         I need to bypass internal proxy firewall to connect to the
internet. I have no problem connecting to the internet with the following
code.

        DefaultHttpClient httpclient = new DefaultHttpClient();
        httpclient.getCredentialsProvider().setCredentials(
                new AuthScope("172.31.100.14", 3128), new
UsernamePasswordCredentials("user", "pass"));
        HttpHost targetHost = new HttpHost("www.somesite.org");
        HttpHost proxy = new HttpHost("172.31.100.14", 3128);
        httpclient.getParams().setParameter(ConnRoutePNames.DEFAULT_PROXY,
proxy);
        HttpGet httpget = new HttpGet("/");

        HttpResponse response = httpclient.execute(targetHost, httpget);
        HttpEntity entity = response.getEntity();
        System.out.println(response.getStatusLine());

Status code: *Http/1.0 200 OK*. It seems it is connecting to the target
host.

another URI on the same site takes a parameter query and has both the get
and post implementations
www.somesite.org/books?query=somequery
I need to execute the uri above. I need to pass the query both in get and
post methods. How do I set the parameters to pass this query parameter.
Please help me.
--
Phani. S
M.Tech(Software Engineering)