From "V S P" <torea...@fastmail.fm>
Subject [Q]log4j logging setup
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:33:38 GMT
Hello

wanted to ask if a combination of
http-components core 4.0
commons-logging-1.1
log4j-1.2.13

is supposed to be working to produce DEBUG logging

Do I possibly need to pass any special args
to things like  HttpRequestExecutor?

My configuration file is
-----------------
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG,stdout

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%c] %m%n

log4j.logger.org.apache.component=DEBUG,stdout
log4j.logger.httpclient.wire=DEBUG,stdout
log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.httpclient=DEBUG,stdout
log4j.logger.org.openxml4j=DEBUG,stdout
-----------------

I load it in main with
PropertyConfigurator.configure(args[0]);
but also specify it with -Dlog4j.configuration
just in case -- as I am at a loss now.

I have made sure with
java -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.diagnostics.dest=STDOUT
that my log4j installation is detected.

My logging messages are displayed,
also
openxml4j messages are displayed too (I am using that package as well)
DEBUG [org.openxml4j] Save core properties part
DEBUG [org.openxml4j] Save core properties part

My program is command line (not executed within a app server)
It is pretty much a cut and paste from the ElementalHttpGet.java

not even a single line is coming out frm httpcomponents

thank you in advance for any pointers
Vlad
--
  V S P