From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reject Cookies
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:03:56 GMT
On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 06:34 -0700, HockeyDave wrote:
> How exactly does one go about "removing protocol interceptors"?
>
> Here's what I'm doing in 4.0b2 to handle cookies.  My intent is to have as
> fast of a performance as possible and I don't want cookies coming over the
> wire slowing things down.

If you want maximum performance and do not mind sacrificing connection
management, cookie, authentication and redirect handling, just use
HttpCore instead of HttpClient. This should give you 30 to 40% higher
data throughput for small to medium requests compared to HttpClient
3.1.

http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpClient3vsHttpClient4vsHttpCore

Oleg