From madi...@gmail.com
Subject cannot set protocol for HttpClient instance - bad_record_mac error
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 00:38:31 GMT
We trying to use only sslv3 for a ssl connection when we register sslv3
globally like Protocol.registerProtocol( "https", https ) it works fine but
when we
set for a particular instance like
http.getHostConfiguration().setHost("testing123.com", 443); it does not
work -
We get javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: bad_record_mac
error

Protocol https = new Protocol("https", (ProtocolSocketFactory) new
SSLv3ProtocolSocketFactory(), 443);

Protocol.registerProtocol( "https", https ); //works fine

http.getHostConfiguration().setHost("testing123.com", 443); /// does not
work

Protocol https = new Protocol("https", (ProtocolSocketFactory) new
SSLv3ProtocolSocketFactory(), 443)

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
PM