From Subhash Chandran <sub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Client 4.0: proxy settings?
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 19:23:03 GMT
This is how I do it::

String proxyHost = ...;
int proxyPort = ...;
String proxyUsername = ...;
String proxyPassword = ...;

final HttpHost hcProxyHost = new HttpHost(proxyHost, proxyPort, "http");
httpclient.getCredentialsProvider().setCredentials(
                        new AuthScope(proxyHost, proxyPort),
                        new UsernamePasswordCredentials(proxyUsername,
new String(proxyPassword)));
httpclient.getParams().setParameter(ConnRoutePNames.DEFAULT_PROXY, hcProxyHost);

Subhash.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Florent Georges <lists@fgeorges.org> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I am evaluating the impact of migrating from HTTP Client 3.1
> to 4.0, and this is going well so far.  But I couldn't find a
> way to set proxy settings.  In 3.1 I do (error management left
> for clarity):
>
>    String host = System.getProperty("http.proxyHost");
>    String port = System.getProperty("http.proxyPort");
>    client.getHostConfiguration()
>      . setProxy(host, Integer.parseInt(port));
>
>  As an aside question, shouldn't the client take the system
> properties http.proxy* and https.proxy* into account?
>
>  Regards,
>
> --
> Florent Georges
> http://www.fgeorges.org/