From Subhash Chandran <sub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing the content of an entity
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 05:19:10 GMT
AFAIK, HttpEntity InputStream
(http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/httpcore/apidocs/org/apache/http/entity/InputStreamEntity.html)
takes your InputStream and writes to request body. Only thing is, you
don't deal with the process of looping through your InputStream and
writing to OutputStream (as u would do in HttpURLConnection).

In short, the InputStream method does push the content, not pull it as
u had assumed.

Subhash.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:43 AM, Florent Georges <lists@fgeorges.org> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  As far as I've seen, it's possible to provide an InputStream to represent the content
of a POST request, but it is not possible to write that content to an OutputStream, as in
HttpURLConnection with its method getOutputStream().

>  Is there any way to push the content (for instance in a callback) instead of having
HTTP Client pulling it?

>  PS: I have not chose yet between 3.1 and 4, and that point is a key factor.
>
>  Regards,
>
> --
> Florent Georges
> http://www.fgeorges.org/