From Jeff Davis <j...@FlyingDiamond.com>
Subject Re: Redirect on authentication
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 07:09:50 GMT
Hi,

Scripted logins are generally purposely hard to crack.  There is quite
possibly hidden vars along with the user and pass, sometimes javascript
modifies a post field before it's sent and also cookies are set that
must be duplicated.

I have always found a packet analyzer helpful such as wireshark to get a
clear understanding of how the login process looks when using a browser,
then comparing that to what the packets look like with the httpclient app.

That should get you started in the right direction, if you look a little
deeper.

Jeff