From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Writing the content of an entity
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:19:21 GMT
Florent Georges wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   As far as I've seen, it's possible to provide an InputStream to represent the content
of a POST request, but it is not possible to write that content to an OutputStream, as in
HttpURLConnection with its method getOutputStream().

>   Is there any way to push the content (for instance in a callback) instead of having
HTTP Client pulling it?

>   PS: I have not chose yet between 3.1 and 4, and that point is a key factor.
>
>   Regards,

You can use EntityTemplate class available in HC 4.0

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/tutorial/html/fundamentals.html#entity-template

Similar template class can be easily implemented for HttpClient 3.x

Oleg