From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disable Circular Redirect Detection
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:21:55 GMT
Larry Homes wrote:
> I read this site:
> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/logging.html
>
> and added the lines
> System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log",
> "org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog");
> System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime",
> "true");
> System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire",
> "debug");
> System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient",
> "debug");
>
> but I am not sure how to go about retreiving the logs or where they are.
> This is in a servlet so I checked catalina.out since that is where the error
> stream leads, but there is nothing extra in there.
>
> Your patience is appreciated

Larry,

Please try to reproduce the issue using a small standalone application
that can be run outside the servlet container. Then, pass the following
settings to the JVM process on startup to get log entries written to the
stdout:

-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire=DEBUG
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient=DEBUG

Oleg

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Larry Homes wrote:
>>
>>> Ahh you are right. I read your previous email too quickly. However,
>>> correcting that mistake does not solve the problem.
>>>
>>> From here:
>>> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/preference-api.html
>>>
>>> I saw another way to set the Params so here is the code I use currently.
>>>
>>> GetMethod method = new GetMethod(
>>> http://portal.acm.org/results.cfm?coll=Portal&query=SomeCRazyString);
>>> method.getParams().setParameter("http.protocol.allow-circular-redirects",