From Florent Georges <li...@fgeorges.org>
Subject Http Client 4.0: logging?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:01:32 GMT

  Hi,

  I am trying to activate logs in Http Client 4.0.  Actually the
ability to have logs was one of the reasons I looked at Http
Client.  But it seems this is not available anymore in Http
Client 4.0.  From httpcore-tutorial.pdf, in 2.8.4. Connection
event listener:

    Protocol handlers like the rest of HttpCore classes do not
    do logging in order to not impose a choice of a logging
    framework onto the users. However one can add logging of the
    most important connection events by injecting a
    EventListener implementation into the protocol handler.

  But from the Javadoc, it seems the EventListener interface
does not exist in either Http Core or Http Client.  I feel I
missed something obvious, but I can't see what.  Do you have any
advice on logging with Http Client 4.0?

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges