From "Jason Polites" <jason.poli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CircularRedirectException: Circular redirect to
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:24:14 GMT
Hi Shyam,
Apologies for the random "chime-in", but I just happened to be reading your
post.

Two things I see:

1. There's some weirdness in the cookies.  Namely:

"Cookie: null;
IIIV3942733078="#BEGMD5#6c627724ce8abab6110397daf85343ca#ENDMD5#121-hoov|1775525|112|45|75|0";
16024108083778=16024108083778[\r][\n]"

Which is almost the same as:

"Cookie: IIIV3942733078=#BEGMD5#6c627724ce8abab6110397daf85343ca#ENDMD5#121-hoov|1775525|112|45|75|0[\r][\n]"

At least the key value of the cookie is the same, and the former
doesn't appear to have been sent in a Set-Cookie header by the server.
 Perhaps the server is grabbing the wrong cookie?

2. My reading of the log appears to suggest that everything IS
actually working.  The final GET request for
/index2.asp?si=31424108094774 appears to return successfully?

I've done some significant work with HttpClient connecting to MS
systems (namely Exchange via WebDAV) and have had to go through all
sorts of hoops to get it to work.  One tool I found invaluable is the
TamperData plugin for Firefox.  If you are able to access this site
successfully from Firefox (assuming MS doesn't bump you out due to
browser restriction), TamperData will allow you to see the content of
the HTTP headers sent to and fro.  I have found this very useful to
compare what Firefox is giving/receiving with that of HttpClient.

Another "tip" was that I ended up disabling all auto-cookie creation
in HttpClient and manually inserted the cookies just as I received
them from the server.  I found that (in 3.x HttpClient anyway) it was
screwing up my cookies and sending back different data to the data it
received in the Set-Cookie from the server.  In my case it was a
parsing but in HttpClient.  Not sure if the version you are using has
any of these issues.

Hope something here is of help.

Cheers,

Jason.