From Richard Kandarian <richard.kandar...@lanl.gov>
Subject Passing javac options to build
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:03:34 GMT
I'm new to both Java and Maven.

I'd like to use HTTPClient, and if I do, I'd need to specify the javac
-bootclasspath and -extdirs options or pass those option values some other
way (I don't find equivalent environment variables in the javac man page.)
I've looked at the compiler plug-in sections in the pom.xml files for the
project (both core and client) and I find that both the compilerArgument
and the compilerArguments elements are missing. I could add them myself,
but is there a better way to handle this?

I spent a little time looking in the Maven docs, and didn't find any means
of doing it external to the project.

Thanks

Richard Kandarian
http://www.lanl.gov/cgi-bin/fonelink.pl/085598
Any opinions stated in this message are not expressed on behalf of any
individual or entity other than me unless explicitly noted otherwise. My
node in the Web: http://www.kandarian.com