From "Tim Williams" <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two-Way SSL Problem
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:28:33 GMT
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
>>
>> I'm using the MultiThreadedConnectionManager with HttpClient and 2-way
>> ssl similar to the example[1] and having problems.  The very first
>> request goes through and returns HTTP 200 Ok.  All subsequent requests
>> return HTTP 401.  This happens when I run this inside a webapp
>> deployed in either glassfish or tomcat.  However, if I take the same
>> code and run from within a simple driver "main" program, all calls to
>> that same server succeed with no problems.  Oddly enough, this only
>> happens when communicating with one particular Weblogic service -
>> other servers allow multiple calls with the same fetcher code just
>> fine.  Anyone have an idea what would make the first request go
>> through go through properly but not subsequent ones?
>>

> There is no way of telling without more details. Please post a wire log of
> the HTTP session to this list
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/logging.html
>
> Oleg

Unfortunately, I'm unable to post logging data.  I have narrowed it
down to a "cookie" problem of some sort.  I've found that if I
manually take the "Set-Cookie" header from the initial request, store
it, then manually populate it on subsequent requests, all is well.  I
had that idea from this site[1] but I'm not sure whether the
configuration on the server-side (Weblogic) is just wrong or my
HttpClient configuration is wrong by not sending back both cookies on
subsequent requests.
Thanks,
--tim

[1] - http://rejeev.blogspot.com/2008/09/session-tracking-with-ssl-in-weblogic.html