From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "No wrapped connection"
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:16:03 GMT
Christine wrote:
> Hi,
> every once in a while my httpclient gets a "no wrapped connectino"
> error:
> E/869     ( 1028): No wrapped connection.
> W/System.err( 1028): java.lang.IllegalStateException: No wrapped
> connection.
> W/System.err( 1028): 	at
> org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractClientConnAdapter.assertValid(AbstractClientConnAdapter.java:163)
> W/System.err( 1028): 	at
> org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractClientConnAdapter.receiveResponseEntity(AbstractClientConnAdapter.java:243)
> W/System.err( 1028): 	at
> org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.doReceiveResponse(HttpRequestExecutor.java:281)
> W/System.err( 1028): 	at
> org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.execute(HttpRequestExecutor.java:121)
> W/System.err( 1028): 	at
> org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:410)
> W/System.err( 1028): 	at
> org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:555)
> W/System.err( 1028): 	at
> org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:487)
>
> I'm running httpclient 4.0 on Android. The error happens like 1% of the
> times, on a client.execute of a get request. Sometimes, I get a "bad
> request" instead.
>
> Does anyone recognize this? I'm at a loss...
>
> Christine

Christine,

This is likely to be a bug in the version of HttpClient shipped with
Android. There has been quite a few changes since ALPHA5 (the release, I
believe, Android's version is based on), so the problem may well have
been fixed already. Can you try to reproduce the bug using a test case,
so I could try it locally?

Oleg