From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Timeout settings not working properly
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:54:49 GMT
hakan.jacobsson wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> First option is recommended if we upgrade to 4.0 I take it? Is it a
> stable release or beta?

No, the third option is still preferred, in my opinion.

HttpClient 4.0 is considered BETA. That did not, however, prevent Google
from including it into its Android platform.

> Third option, could you please explain it in some more detail, I don't
> get it.=/

As far as I understand the main objective is to ensure the retrieval of
content of an ad does not block for too long thus preventing the server
from sending a response back to the client in a timely manner. So,
instead of retrieving content of the ad synchronously, respond to the
client without blocking and make the browser download the content of the
ad asynchronously, either using AJAX or an iframe.

Hope this helps

Oleg