From Chad La Joie <chad.laj...@switch.ch>
Subject Re: Timeout settings not working properly
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:43:35 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Socket timeout is the maximum period of inactivity between two
> _consecutive_ read operations.

One issue might be that this isn't in the documentation.  What you said
is actually different than what the documentation says.  The docs say
it's the time the socket will *wait* for data, not the time between read
operations, and if the method is related to the Socket.setSoTimeout
method than that says something different still (i.e. the max amount of
time a read operation will wait for data).

I'm not 100% sure which is actually correct, but I'm guessing probably
the last one.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities