From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Submit HTTP requests and asynchronously receive HTTP responses
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 20:13:40 GMT
slytherine wrote:

> olegk wrote:
>> Works for me. Please note this example will NOT be able to connect to
>> remote hosts if you are behind a firewall of some kind.
>>
>> Feel free to add more output to the console to see why connect requests
>> fail.
>>

> You may be right here. connect request fails even after setting the http
> proxy in jvm options.
>
> Here is my console output: ( not even entering into initalizeContext(),
> submitRequest(),..)
> Inside MyHttpRequestExecutionHandler
> Initiating SessionRequest..
> Connect request failed: www.yahoo.com:80
> Connect request failed: www.google.com:80
> Connect request failed: www.apache.org:80
> Shutting down I/O reactor
> Shutdown
> Done
>
> I'm clueless on what to do next.

HttpCore is a toolkit of low level transport components one can use to
build custom HTTP services. It does not provide support for HTTP proxies
out of the box. You'll have to program it by yourself if you want to be
able to send HTTP requests via a proxy using non-blocking HTTP stack.

There are plans to develop a full-blown HTTP client on top of HttpCore
NIO, similar to the one based on classic (blocking) I/O. But this will
happen only if more people are wiling to contribute to this effort.

Oleg