From TomStrummer <tomstrum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSLPeerUnverifiedException -- cannot get chain imported correctly
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:25:51 GMT

I've gone over those instructions and a dozen variants.  Like I said, I've
imported the cert into a JKS keystore and use that in my SSLSocketFactory.
No dice.

There's no client authentication; it's just trying to authenticate the
server against a trusted CA and I think I'm just having a problem properly
importing a certificate _chain_ (not just a single certificate) into the
keystore.  I don't really want to create a custom trust manager as this more
or less bypasses the SSL security.

I've tried...
- exporting the chain as a PEM file and importing into the keystore (I get
only one the top certificate)
- exporting the chain as a pkcs7 file - keytool says it's not an x.509
certificate
- exporting the individual certs as PEM or pkcs7 - they can be imported into
a keystore but are not chained
- exported via various different options that IE's certificate export wizard
gives.  None of them seem to work.