From Joan Balagueró <joan.balagu...@grupoventus.com>
Subject HTTPCLIENT4 EXCEPTIONS
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:28:55 GMT
Hello,

Just a question about exceptions sending http requests.

If I set a very low value to
HttpConnectionParams.setConnectionTimeout(this.objHttpParams,
connectionTimeout), httpclient throws “SocketTimeoutException” with the
message “connect timed out”, but I expected to receive a
“ConnectTimeoutException” (as HttpClient3).  Is this right?

The problem is that a response timeout also throws “SocketTimeoutException”
(with the message “Read timed out”, as expected). Then, should I read the
exception message to know which exception was thrown?

Thanks,

Joan.