From Roger Varley <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject Redirect Error
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:27:36 GMT
Hi

I'm using httpclient 3.1 indirectly through htmlunit. I believe that
httpclient is used for managing the connection and data transmission. If I'm
incorrect please forgive me and ignore me :)

I'm sending a GET request and the remote site is sending a 302 response and a
re-direct address in the form
http://remotesite.com/exprod/search/../servlet?t=350&manual.html. When I do
this manually through Firefox and look at whats happening through the
LiveHTTPHeader plugin, I can see the 302 response code and the URL coming in.
Firefox redirects to an amended url
http://remotesite.com/exprod/servlet?t=350&manual.html and gets a 200 response
and the document manual.html

HttpClient is not "fixing" the URL and is retransmitting
http://remotesite.com/exprod/search/../servlet?t=350&manual.html which results
in a 404 error.

Is this a bug or expected behaviour? What do I need to do to get around this
problem?

Regards